Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I heart my students part 2

A day or two after I wrote the last post, one of my students handed me a letter that was rolled up and tied with a pink bow, and said she was sorry for not giving it to me sooner.

The letter is two pages long, and the first page apologizes for the behavior of some of her peers who talk in class or use their cell phones, and for the girls who put on make up during class. She said I should not be discouraged by the behavior of "stoopid students" like that. She said most students study very hard and enjoy my class. She said she and other students are pleased I am here, and they "beloath when the bell wich tell us that the class is over ring."

I was touched. It's going to be very hard to go back home and teach after being treated like a rockstar here.

No comments: