Thursday, April 16, 2009

I heart my students part 3

(Written 4-6-09)

I looked completely awful at school today (I'm sick, I didn't feel like washing my hair, and I've recently put on weight) but I got two of the nicest compliments from my students.

When I was walking into school with one of my students from last semester, she noted that I walk really fast, which is probably why I'm "so thin." This girl probably weighs about 85 pounds, so she was definitely flattering me, but I still appreciated it.

Then in one of my all boys' classes, I was working with a student who didn't have a partner. In broken English, he told me my eyes were beautiful. He pointed at his own eyes and said, "Me, black eyes. You, Green." It was really cute. They definitely cheer me up when I'm feeling sick and gross.

No comments: