Sunday, May 17, 2009

I don't get it

File this under “things I don’t understand about Koreans.”

I’m at Starbucks right now working on my TEFL course (one of several reasons why I haven’t updated my blog in a while) and just witnessed a near physical fight between two Korean businessmen. They were screaming and hollering at each other and getting in each other’s faces. About 25 minutes later, they walked out of the building shaking hands and smiling like they were best buds.

I really don't understand Koreans sometimes.

I will post a real update once I finish Unit 17. (There are 19 Units total) I signed up for this course in October and am just now finishing it; it's kind of pathetic. It just keeps getting pushed aside though ("I'll finish it over winter vacation...after Cambodia...after Thailand...during mid-term week" etc.) I have to finish it by the end of May though in order to get a the pay raise next year. (I've sort of officially decided to stay another year...more on that later)

1 comment:

Holly said...

I totally understand what you mean about missing your family, Taryn! Way to stand your ground about the wedding in October. You're right - that's something that just can't be missed! Keep us posted... [and hope your TEFL is going well]! =)