Monday, May 19, 2008

Who wants grilled cheese? (A Woodbury Adventure)

My mom and I often joke that I'm the anti-Martha Stewart, because my domestic skills are severely lacking. I don't cook very often because what usually results is something like the picture above.

I was watching my little brothers this weekend, and one of them wanted grilled cheese. I started to cook it and then went back to grading my essays. (The obvious choice when you have something on the stove) I completely forgot about it until he came in from playing outside and asked, "What's that burning smell?" A split second later all the smoke detectors in the house went off, scaring the dog out of her mind and my brothers; who thought I was going to burn the house down.

Perhaps I'll spend some of my down time in Korea learning how to cook...

P.S. This is for my dad who noted that there wasn't much on my blog yet.

No comments: