Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Good riddance, rainy season!

(Written October 30th)

Upon our return from Bali, the rain stopped and "cold season" was upon us. As a Minnesotan, I've experienced blistering cold, sub-zero winters and was a bit skeptical, but it actually is cold right now. Granted I live in a poorly insulated bamboo hut, but as I'm writing this, I'm sitting at my computer wearing long sleeves, long pants, and fuzzy socks with a fleece blanket wrapped around me.

Let it be known, I am not complaining in the least; merely observing. Pretty much any weather is better than the miserable, incessant rain that causes clothes to grow mold spots and my allergies to go berserk.

Life in Pak Chong from here on out will drastically improve. Plus, only 7 more weeks until my next vacation ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey taryn, raines here. nice post! hope thailand is fun.

i've never considered rainy seasons to be harbingers of moldy clothes...sounds pretty severe.

good to get your updates!

Kremsi said...

https://joy.link/bet88

Kremsi said...

<a href='https://joy.link/bet88">bet88</a>